Diamond Envelope Corporation is a successful, leading manufacturer of direct marketing products. Owned and operated for over 32 years in the western suburbs of Chicago, Diamond continues to grow, leading the industry with knowledge, quality and innovation.
JOB TITLE: Cutter
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor, Plant Manager & Vice President of Manufacturing
POSTION SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient operation of the cutting machines assigned. Ultimate responsibility for the quality of the product being cut while maintaining a safe work environment when working with the cutting dies. Responsible for bailing waste paper, pulling down roll stock for our web folding machines, learning the sheeting operation and the maintenance of our automatic cutting machines.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be a citizen of the United States or Non Citizen national of the US or a lawful permanent resident.
- Must be able to work a shift-based schedule as we operate a 7-day a week schedule.
- Ability to work in a standing position for the entire shift excluding breaks and the lunch period.
- Must be aware of the specific details of the product being cut to insure the usage of the proper paper, correct die configuration and have the necessary math skills to determine how much is cut or needed to be cut.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds no higher than chest high and be able to twist and or turn with lift to the cutting board.
- Will be required to use both hands and arms for loading paper and moving loads while operating in the cutting department.
- Responsible for the comprehension of reading the cutting ticket in the English language and complete the daily time ticket to account for orders cut and recording production.
- Ability to troubleshoot machine problems, works well with others, and cooperates with co-workers from the folding department.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to understand basic ruler measurements with demonstrated basic math skills and ability to turn ruler measurements into fractions to verify with the cutting ticket.
- Ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with the flexibility to handle changing priorities.
- Mechanically inclined with previous experience is very helpful. Electrical background, engine maintenance, computer skills are all helpful in learning the cutting position.
Diamond Envelope Corporation offers an excellent benefit package which includes: Employer Matching 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Comprehensive Voluntary Life Coverage Plan, 10 paid holidays a year and paid vacation time.
Diamond Envelope Corporation conducts pre-employment drug screening and background checks including random screening for a safe work environment.