Diamond Envelope Corporation is a successful, leading manufacturer of direct marketing products. Owned and operated for over 32 years in the western suburbs of Chicago, Diamond continues to grow, leading the industry with knowledge, quality and innovation.
JOB TITLE: Folding Machine Operator
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Shift Operator, Shift Supervisor & Plant Manager
POSTION SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe, effective and efficient operation of the folding machine assigned including proper packing of envelopes into cartons with the ability to monitor the quality of the product coming off the machine. Quality includes the gumming of the envelope, the print on the envelope for clarity and color and the square folding of the envelope.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be a citizen of the United States or Non Citizen national of the US or a lawful permanent resident.
- Must be able to work in tandem with the Machine Adjuster in running the folding machine efficiently.
- Must be aware of the specific details of the product being manufactured and effectively run the machine while monitoring for quality items noted above.
- Be able to complete the daily time ticket reporting the order number, number of envelopes manufactured while accounting for all 8 hours of the shift.
- Responsible for maintaining the safety guards on the folding machine.
- Ability to work independently on machine as required while managing the machine counts, carton counts and verifying against the job pocket.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to understand basic ruler measurements with demonstrated basic math skills in transposition of ruler measurements into fractions.
- Ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Problem solving abilities while having the ability to make positive suggestions to co-workers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with the flexibility to handle changing priorities.
- Mechanically inclined to help adjuster with machine troubleshooting or resolving machine issues.
Diamond Envelope Corporation offers an excellent benefit package which includes: Employer Matching 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Comprehensive Voluntary Life Coverage Plan, 10 paid holidays a year and paid vacation time.
Diamond Envelope Corporation conducts pre-employment drug screening and background checks including random screening for a safe work environment.