Diamond Envelope Corporation is a successful, leading manufacturer of direct marketing products. Owned and operated for over 32 years in the western suburbs of Chicago, Diamond continues to grow, leading the industry with knowledge, quality and innovation.
JOB TITLE: General Maintenance Technician
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Manufacturing & Plant Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe, effective and efficient operation of all equipment. This two-person department also performs maintenance service or repairs on all equipment within the facility.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and successfully accomplish assigned tasks within shift.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills and wrenches to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Inspect, operate or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery or equipment.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Repairing – Repairing machines or systems using the necessary tools.
- Equipment Maintenance – performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Troubleshooting – determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Operating Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Diamond Envelope Corporation offers an excellent benefit package which includes: Employer Matching 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Comprehensive Voluntary Life Coverage Plan, 10 paid holidays a year and paid vacation time.
Diamond Envelope Corporation conducts pre-employment drug screening and background checks including random screening for a safe work environment.