Diamond Envelope Corporation is a successful, leading manufacturer of direct marketing products. Owned and operated for over 32 years in the western suburbs of Chicago, Diamond continues to grow, leading the industry with knowledge, quality and innovation.
JOB TITLE: Machine Adjuster
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor, Plant Manager & Vice President of Manufacturing
POSTION SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient operation of the folding machines; including overseeing Machine Operators. Additionally is responsible for the maintenance of the machines including job set-up of machines.
- Must be able to work a shift-based schedule as we operate a 7-day a week schedule.
- Must partner with Machine Operator in running the folding machine efficiently.
- Ability to run a machine and seek methods to enhance operation while making process more efficient.
- Must be able to operate machines to ensure conformance specifications.
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining machine safe guards.
- Responsible for setting up the machine for each scheduled job run.
- Ability to troubleshoot machine jams, breaks and other malfunctions including being able to partner with outside vendors for more serious machine repairs.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to understand basic ruler measurements with demonstrated basic math skills.
- Ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with the flexibility to handle changing priorities.
- Mechanically inclined with previous experience with envelope folding machines such as 527’s, Classics, and SRW’s to name a few.
Diamond Envelope Corporation offers an excellent benefit package which includes: Employer Matching 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Comprehensive Voluntary Life Coverage Plan, 10 paid holidays a year and paid vacation time.
Diamond Envelope Corporation conducts pre-employment drug screening and background checks including random screening for a safe work environment.