Diamond Envelope Corporation is a successful, leading manufacturer of direct marketing products. Owned and operated for over 32 years in the western suburbs of Chicago, Diamond continues to grow, leading the industry with knowledge, quality and innovation.
JOB TITLE: Prepress Technician
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Manufacturing
POSITION SUMMARY: This position works on a team with two other individuals within our manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for ensuring the envelope end product exceeds the customer’s expectations as well as being in accordance with postal regulations.
- Previous experience in print layout knowledge, envelope manufacturing and postal regulations a plus.
- College degree in graphic arts or combined work experience of 1 to 3 years strongly desired.
- Proven ability to manage the scheduling of all jobs in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- All candidates must be proficient in all Mac software (including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Quark).
- Quark version 6 and higher
- Font Management knowledge
- FTP knowledge
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to follow an order all the way through completion beginning from art arrival to layout to manufactured end product.
- Work closely with sales department to ensure complete customer satisfaction with final product.
- Perform routine maintenance on all equipment.
- Making plates and setting up files to image setter.
- Position preflights client supplied files and makes necessary adjustment to ready for print and digital reproduction. Must be able to make color corrections on files to match customer-supplied samples or to match proofs while job is on-press.
- Position works closely with press team and customer service to resolve technical questions or to implement client changes.
Diamond Envelope Corporation offers an excellent benefit package which includes: Employer Matching 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Comprehensive Voluntary Life Coverage Plan, 10 paid holidays a year and paid vacation time.
Diamond Envelope Corporation conducts pre-employment drug screening and background checks including random screening for a safe work environment.
(Must download pdf first to fill in interactive form fields, press Submit and email)