Diamond Envelope Corporation is a successful, leading manufacturer of direct marketing products. Owned and operated for over 32 years in the western suburbs of Chicago, Diamond continues to grow, leading the industry with knowledge, quality and innovation.
JOB TITLE: Purchasing & Estimating Analyst
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Client Services
POSITION SUMMARY: A positive and skilled professional who is responsible for negotiating the best pricing for raw materials that meet an internal quality standard and provide optimal production for the manufacturing plant. This role is responsible for suggesting new vendors, providing solutions that improve efficiency, driving costs down, and providing support for production scheduling. Primarily, the role is responsible for communicating with sales account executives on estimating and pricing bids that meet the customer’s needs to ultimately win the business. The candidate must be flexible as the position may require working after hours. High visibility with senior management and opportunity to grow.
- 3 to 5 years in procurement, purchasing, estimating and/or inventory management is required – recent business degree, undergraduate or masters, is acceptable as well.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communications, preferred.
- Previous employment in manufacturing, paper-related products or production recommended.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, building detailed reports and spreadsheets to help make efficient use of reporting to executive management. Proficient in Apple products.
- Process estimates and calculate all materials required in manufacturing the product, determining most cost effective and competitive price by comparing pricing associated with various production methods.
- Deliver timely and accurate information to account executives regarding estimating and production scheduling changes.
- Work closely with all outside vendors on various projects day-to-day, whether pricing or with live orders, communicates and keeps a close watch on raw materials as well.
- Maintain Total Quality Management (TQM) tracking program and prepare quality reports for executive leadership.
- Participate or Lead any special project teams related to roles and responsibilities.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Coordinate the scheduling of meetings and the assigning of responsibility for specific tasks to support production requirements.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Able to perform advanced business mathematics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, friendly and courteous demeanor in person and on the phone, handle vendor meetings professionally and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced team environment; organized and a team player but can excel independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop working relationship with internal staff.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Motivated to grow within the roles and responsibilities. Opportunity seeker.
- Contribute creative ideas and ambitious to take on challenges to improve the overall operation, as well as, voice thought provoking questions.
Diamond Envelope Corporation offers an excellent benefit package which includes: Employer Matching 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Comprehensive Voluntary Life Coverage Plan, 10 paid holidays a year and paid vacation time.
Diamond Envelope Corporation conducts pre-employment drug screening and background checks including random screening for a safe work environment.