Diamond Envelope Corporation is a successful, leading manufacturer of direct marketing products. Owned and operated for over 32 years in the western suburbs of Chicago, Diamond continues to grow, leading the industry with knowledge, quality and innovation.
JOB TITLE: Shipping Associate
FLSA STATUS: Full Time/Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Shipping & Receiving
REPORTS TO: Shipping Supervisor & Plant Management
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a support-staff position reporting to the Shipping Supervisor. This two-person department coordinates the shipment of all products and the receipt of all inventories.
- Must be able to work an 8 hour shift Monday through Friday with flexibility to work mornings and afternoons.
- Able to work independently and successfully accomplish assigned tasks within shift.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift truck.
- Attention to detail in reading job pockets with outbound shipping instructions.
- Responsible for wrapping skids and organizing warehouse supplies.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic understanding of maps and logistics knowledge.
- Experience utilizing UPS shipping system a plus.
- Demonstrated math and inventory skills required.
- Ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with the flexibility to handle changing priorities.
Diamond Envelope Corporation offers an excellent benefit package which includes: Employer Matching 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Comprehensive Voluntary Life Coverage Plan, 10 paid holidays a year and paid vacation time.
Diamond Envelope Corporation conducts pre-employment drug screening and background checks including random screening for a safe work environment.