- Do you remember when you were invited to little Suzie’s 8th birthday sleepover party and you rushed to the mailbox for the invite?
- Or when your daughter/son was getting married and although you knew the date, you were anxious to receive the beautifully crafted invitation in the mail?
- Remember sending a letter to someone you love that’s across the country and it was not only a surprise, but also, so much more personal than typing it in an email?
- Remember your college acceptance letter?
Can you remember what all those memorable moments came enclosed in…that’s right, an ENVELOPE!
Envelopes have been a primary target of “going-green” efforts by non-profit “green” organizations, major corporations and government legislators arguing over the wrong changes regarding the United States Postal Service (USPS). Sometimes, “going-green” efforts just don’t have their facts straight! Due to the loyal and committed customers that still value the use of envelopes, Diamond Envelope is fully operational, creating jobs in the community and contributing to a tough economy. This does not include the direct or indirect jobs that count on advertising mail whether it’s customers or vendors alike.
By using envelopes you are supporting a entire network and industry that is…
- $1.2 trillion in revenue
- 7% of the United States Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- 8.3 million jobs equivalent to 6% of nations workforce, not including mail-related jobs (infrastructure) which would increase those numbers
- Ensuring you have access to a six-day-a-week service and low postage rates
Stewardship is the ethical practice of responsible planning and management of resources. Diamond Envelope Corporation strives to achieve this by the commitment to sustainability at every level of the company. We strive to minimize waste in production and encourage recycling in order to maintain the environmental quality for the communities we live and work in. Our production team schedules client’s work not only based on need, but with conservation of raw materials and running the equipment efficiently to save as much energy as possible. By developing sustainable benchmark metrics, Diamond Envelope Corporation produces a quality driven product, manufactured with a responsible, ethical approach and delivered by a safe workforce.
David Struhs, Vice President of Sustainability at one of our vendors, Domtar, describes the responsible culture Diamond Envelope Corporation hopes to achieve “…the promise of sustainability is only achieved if it is woven into the fiber of an organization.” (Jan Martin, ed., Paper Matters, Volume 6, Number 2, Fort Mill, SC; Domtar, April 2012)
Please visit the links on our website to Paper Because and Go Paper Grow Trees to see the leading industry efforts that distinguish fact from fiction.
For the customer that is looking for proof of environmentally conscientious purchases of paper products from sustainably managed sources, Diamond Envelope Corporation is your answer. Diamond Envelope Corporation is SFI® (Sustainable Forestry Initiative®) and FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) certified. SFI® and FSC® Certifications are credible forest certification programs designed to provide proof that the paper is from sustainably managed sources. SFI® and FSC® are independent, not-for-profit charitable organizations. These certifications require Diamond to be annually audited by a rigorous, third party auditor.
To learn more about Sustainable Forestry Practices please proceed to the following accredited organizations: